Goodson Law Library, Duke University
Reference Librarian and Lecturing Fellow, Dec 2016 to Present
Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library, James E. Rogers College of Law
Law Library Fellow, Aug 2015 to Dec 2016
Thurgood Marshall Law Library, Francis King Carey School of Law
Research Assistant in Research Services Dept., Jun 2014 to May 2015
Library Assistant in Technical Services Dept., Jan 2014 to Aug 2014
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Professor of Paralegal Studies, Jan 2016 to December 2016
United States Army
Geospatial Analyst/Cryptolinguist Analyst, Jul 2003 to Jul 2008.
North Carolina State University
Candidate, Master of Geospatial Information Science and Technology, May 2022
University of Arizona School of Information
Masters in Library Science, May 2017
University of Maryland Francis King Carey Law School
Juris Doctorate, May 2015 cum laude
Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, May 2012 magna cum laude
Miami Dade Community College
Associate of Arts Degree, Dec 2010 highest honors
- IDEO Foundations in Design Thinking
- IBM Design Thinking, Practitioner Level
- Geospatial Intelligence Systems Analysis Course, Fort Meade, MD
- Korean Language Course, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA
- Cryptolinguist Analyst Course, Goodfellow Airforce Base, TX
- Introduction to Law Librarianship, Co-Editor (forthcoming late 2020) [OER]
- But We Tried that Before: Using Creative Problem Solving to Create Braver More Innovative Law Schools, Millenial Leadership in Law Schools (forthcoming 2020)
- AI Defined: Core Concepts Necessary for the Savvy Law Librarian, Law Librarianship in the Age of AI (2020).
- TechTalk, Informed Librarian (Feb 2018 – Sep 2019).
- Exemplary Legal Writing 2018 Books: Five Recommendations, GreenBag (co-author forthcoming Summer 2019).
- Tinkering Librarian Blog, Co-Founder & Contributor (Jun 2016 – Jun 2019).
- Pedagogical Lessons from Video Games, Spectrum (Mar/April 2019).
- Building Vendor Relationships that Add Value, CRIV Sheet (Feb 2019).
- KIND of a Big Deal, AALL Spectrum (September/October 2018)
- Reaching the Baseline: A Professional’s Perspective on Technological Competencies for Library Students, 44 J. Academic Librarianship 541 (2018).
- Legal Tech Needs to Abandon UX, 3 Geeks and A Law Blog (April 9, 2018).
- Collaboration Instead of Conflict, CRIV Sheet (Feb 2018).
- Playing Fast and Loose with Copyright Law: Casemaker and Fastcase Don’t Fight Over the Right to Copyright the Law, CRIV Sheet (May 2016).
- What I Learned at My First Library Conference, Wiley Exchanges Blog (May 19, 2016).
- Leadership Profile: Cas Laskowski, AALL Spectrum (forthcoming)
- AALL Latino Caucus, Latinx voices: Cas Laskowski
- Geek in Review, Episode 3, Let’s Discuss Impact-Conscious Design
- Evolve the Law LiveStream at TechShow 2019
- Data that Tells a Story: Creating Visuals with their own Voice, CAFLL Conference (2019)
- A2J by Design: Prototyping Innovative Solutions with Open Legal Information, UNT OA Symposium (2019)
- Agile, Lean, and Design: OH MY! [Deep Dive], SEAALL Annual Meeting (2019)
- Emotional Intelligence in the Law Library, SEAALL Annual Meeting (2019)
- Algorithms and Hidden Biases: What Responsibilities Do Lawyers Have to ‘Look Under The Hood’ of Legal AI?, ABA Tech Show (2019)
- AALL Discussion Den: Supporting the Citizen Researcher: Creating a New Legal Research Platform for the Layperson (2018)
- TOGGL, AALL Cool Tools Cafe (2017)
- Open: More than Access, ER&L (2017)
- SEAALL, Treasurer 2018-Present
- Duke Libraries Assembly, Vice-President/President-Elect 2019-2020, Member, 2017-2019
- AALL Diversity & Inclusion Standing Committee, Chair, 2019-2020, Vice-Chair 2018-2019, Member 2016-2018
- AALL Ethical Principles Special Committee, Member 2018-2019
- ALL-SIS Public Relations & Marketing Committee, Vice-Chair 2018-2019, Member 2017-2018
- ALL-SIS Social Media Committee, Vice Chair 2017-2018
- AALL Latino Caucus, Chair 2017-2018, Vice Chair 2016-2017
- ALL-SIS Library Marketing & Outreach Committee, Member 2016-2018
- UMaryland Federalist Society Chapter Treasurer 2014-2015, President 2013-2014, Social Media & Outreach Coordinator 2012-2013
- Strong Women Strong Girls AmeriCorps Mentor 2011-2012
- Society of Law and Community Service, Secretary 2009-2010
- George A. Strait Scholarship, 2017
- Wiley Scholarship for Early Career Librarians, 2016
- ALL-SIS CONELL Grant, 2016
- Judith F. Krug Fund Intellectual Freedom Education Project Scholarship, 2016
- Judith F. Krug Banned Books Week $1,000 Grant, 2016
- AALL Annual Meeting Grant, 2016
- Selected to represent UA Libraries at OpenCon 2016