Goodson Law Library, Duke University
Reference Librarian and Lecturing Fellow, Dec 2016 to Present
Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library, James E. Rogers College of Law
Law Library Fellow, Aug 2015 to Dec 2016
Thurgood Marshall Law Library, Francis King Carey School of Law
Research Assistant in Research Services Dept., Jun 2014 to May 2015
Library Assistant in Technical Services Dept., Jan 2014 to Aug 2014
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Professor of Paralegal Studies, Jan 2016 to December 2016
United States Army
Geospatial Analyst/Cryptolinguist Analyst, Jul 2003 to Jul 2008.
University of Arizona School of Information
MLIS Candidate, May 2017
University of Maryland Francis King Carey Law School
Juris Doctorate, May 2015 cum laude
Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, May 2012 magna cum laude
Miami Dade Community College
Associate of Arts Degree, Dec 2010 highest honors
- TechTalk, Informed Librarian (Feb 2018 – Present).
- Tinkering Librarian Blog, Co-Founder & Contributor (Jun 2016 – Present).
- Pedagogical Lessons from Video Games, Spectrum (Forthcoming).
- Building Vendor Relationships that Add Value, CRIV Sheet (Feb 2019).
- Reaching the Baseline: A Professional’s Perspective on Technological Competencies for Library Students, 44 J. Academic Librarianship 541 (2018).
- Legal Tech Needs to Abandon UX, 3 Geeks and A Law Blog (April 9, 2018).
- Collaboration Instead of Conflict, CRIV Sheet (Feb 2018).
- Playing Fast and Loose with Copyright Law: Casemaker and Fastcase Don’t Fight Over the Right to Copyright the Law, CRIV Sheet (May 2016).
- What I Learned at My First Library Conference, Wiley Exchanges Blog (May 19, 2016).
- Agile, Lean, and Design: OH MY! [Deep Dive], SEAALL 2019 (upcoming)
- Emotional Intelligence in the Law Library, SEAALL 2019 (upcoming)
- Algorithms and Hidden Biases: What Responsibilities Do Lawyers Have to ‘Look Under The Hood’ of Legal AI?, ABA Tech Show (2019)
- TOGGL, AALL Cool Tools Cafe (2017)
- Open: More than Access, ER&L (2017)
- SEAALL, Treasurer 2018-Present
- AALL Diversity & Inclusion Standing Committee, Vice Chair 2018-2019, Member 2016-2018
- AALL AALL Ethical Principles Special Committee, Member 2018-2019
- ALL-SIS Public Relations & Marketing Committee, Vice-Chair 2018-2019, Member 2017-2018
- ALL-SIS Social Media Committee, Vice Chair 2017-2018
- AALL Latino Caucus, Chair 2017-2018, Vice Chair 2016-2017
- ALL-SIS Library Marketing & Outreach Committee, Member 2016-2018
- UMaryland Federalist Society Chapter Treasurer 2014-2015, President 2013-2014, Social Media & Outreach Coordinator 2012-2013
- Strong Women Strong Girls AmeriCorps Mentor 2011-2012
- Society of Law and Community Service, Secretary 2009-2010
- George A. Strait Scholarship, 2017
- Wiley Scholarship for Early Career Librarians, 2016
- ALL-SIS CONELL Grant, 2016
- Judith F. Krug Fund Intellectual Freedom Education Project Scholarship, 2016
- Judith F. Krug Banned Books Week $1,000 Grant, 2016
- AALL Annual Meeting Grant, 2016
- Selected to represent UA Libraries at OpenCon 2016